Zoe Life- A More Excellent Way, By Dave Umstead
The More Excellent way
1 Corinthians 12:31 31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
1. Bios, in Luke 8:14: “…anxieties and riches and pleasures of this life.” This Greek word refers to the life of the physical body and is where we get the word biology.
2. Psuche, in Matt. 16:25: “For whoever wants to save his soul-life shall lose it.” The Greek word here refers to the psychological life of the human soul, that is, the mind, emotion, and will. It is where we get the word psychology.
3. Zoe, in John 1:4: “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.” Here the Greek word refers to the uncreated, eternal life of God, the divine life uniquely possessed by God.
Where Zoe life most likely is not
1) Just because there is a building and it’s called a church; doesn’t mean there is zoe/God’s family life.
2) Where there is a religious spirit, the motive behind ones coming to Church every Sunday. The Checking off the box mentality.
3) Preached messages that are not provoking and challenging.
When we as the body operate in zoe life the spirit of God moves (and we here at the Anchor do!)
1) Walls comes down (ours and the people around us).
2) Chains are broken (The true love of God is in the midst and people are genuinely affected).
3) Generational curses are overcome (living this new life produces change).
4) Capacity in us and others is created (Seeing others as our example, generates courage to act).
5) Lives are changed (When we are one body in operation and unity we reflect heaven on earth).
A challenge to the Body
Last week several people raised their hands when asked about wanting to be Fathers and Sons, Mothers and Daughters, etc.
How do we get from raising our hands to putting that into action?
Imagine the impact in our lives and others if we act on the invitation.
This is Zoe life, the more excellent way…. Let’s be bold, let’s be radical, let’s be doers of the Word by Grace and faith and really challenge God to blow us away with His mighty works. I truly want to hear some testimonies!