The Prayer Initiative
Psalms 40:6 AMP // "...You have opened my ears and given me the capacity to hear [and obey Your word]..."
For the next 20 days, we will join together in prayer and fasting to bring our hearts closer in alignment with what God has designed us for.
"Transformation occurs within us that will change our ways to activate the giftings of God so that it impacts the culture around us." –Bryan Carle
Each day on The Prayer Initiative you will find new Bible verses of encouragement and a verse that corresponds with the prayer points we are covering during this time of reflection and communion with God.
"He is calling us into knowing Him – not just about Him – but realizing our relationship with HIM." –Leah Carle
We anticipate growing closer to God and empowered by Him to work in our giftings by the end of the 20 days.
For an in-depth look at the purpose behind The Prayer Initiative at The Anchor Church, tune into podcast episode #129 with Pastors Bryan & Leah Carle.
RUN TIME: 1 hour 12 minutes
Sermon Notes are weekly blog posts of notes from Pastor Quinton's sermons and visiting pastors (when available). Follow along while you listen to the podcast, or read them during quiet time. The link above takes you to Leah's sermon notes about The Prayer Initiative.
Join us for 20 days of prayer and fasting as we prepare our hearts and minds for a time of pouring out grace and power from God. Whether it's food, bad habits, or how you spend your free time, you will find encouragement here as we deny ourselves that which curbs our appetite for GOD.
As a church we are believing for:
- Know God – Salvation for the lost.
[Psalms 2:8, John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:9]
- Find Freedom – Healing and deliverance from the past.
[John 8:36, Philippians 3:13]
- Discover Purpose – Realize God's original design and intention.
[Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 11:29, Ephesians 2:10, 2 Timothy 1:9]
- Make a Difference – Positioned to serve others.
[Mark 10:45, 1 Corinthians 12:7, 1 Peter 4:10, Hebrews 6:10]
- Small Groups – Spiritual growth & authentic community.
[Acts 2:40-47, Ephesians 4:13-16]
- Worship – Experiencing God's presence & power.
[John 4:24, 2 Corinthians 3:17]
- Family – Healthy marriages & relationships, wisdom to raise not just good children, but godly children.
[Malachi 4:6, Ephesians 5:27-33, Ephesians 6:1-4]
- Prosperity – God's people walking in abundance and able to bless others.
[Psalms 35:37, Romans 8:32, Philippians 4:19]
- Leadership – Local & Federal government, employers, pastor & church staff.
[1 Timothy 2:1-4]
Check The Prayer Initiative daily starting March 11th for an introduction to prayer and fasting plus 20 days of encouraging words.