PROMISES, Part 2–Know God
God's promises: [Exodus 6:6-7]
1. To rescue us from bondage. –Salvation
2. To deliver us from whatever holds us back. –Freedom
3. To help us discover His original intention for our lives. –Restoration
4. To make us part of a family that is making a difference in the world. –Fulfillment
Numbers 23:19 [NLT], God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?
Psalm 138:2, "I praise Your name for Your unfailing love and faithfulness; for Your promises are backed by all the honor of Your name."
We are fully committed to helping people...
- Know God
- Find Freedom
- Discover Purpose
- Make a Difference
Exodus 6:6 [NIV], I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
1. Forced them to be slaves
Slave: "any time a person is submitted to a dominating influence."
John 8:34-35 [MSG], Jesus said, "I tell you most solemnly that anyone who chooses a life of sin is trapped in a dead-end life and is, in fact, a slave. A slave is a transient, who can't come and go at will."
2. Murdered their babies.
3. Required them to collect their own straw
Titus 3:3-8 [MSG], It wasn't so long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn, dupes of sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, our kind, and loving Savior God, stepped in, he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God's gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there's more life to come - an eternity of life! You can count on this.
1. Because reaching the lost is still a Biblical mandate.
2. Because heaven and hell are a reality.
3. Because inviting unchurched people to a life-giving service is still an effective method.
Philippians 2:4, "Let each of you look out not only for his own interests but also for the interests of others."